This recipe for Lemon Blueberry Muffins makes fruity, sweet and delicious muffins. Combining the tartness of a lemon and bland blueberry sweetness, the two work hand in hand to develop an addictive recipe!
Inside the batter, the rind of one lemon is used to enhance the flavour of the batter. Later, lemon juice is added to melted butter to dip the baked muffin in for more flavour!
Flexibility of using your milk of preference (I used unsweetened vanilla almond), with melted butter brings the rich moisture we’re all looking for in a muffin. Nothing worst than break it in half to have it crumble all over you!
Like any typical muffin recipe, combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients together in one bowl. Stir together until well combined!
My favourite part of the recipe, the blueberries! I In the summertime I eat so many fresh blueberries because of their juice texture and not overly sweet taste! This recipe is the perfect opportunity to use up near mushy fresh blueberries, or frozen if it’s the winter time!
Fill your muffin cups 2/3 full and you’re good to go! I suggest silicon muffin cups because they’re reusable, long term cheaper and are super easy to get the muffins out for your guests!
Below is a step by step tutorial on Num in my Tum’s Youtube Channel, helping you work through this recipe! Please support and subscribe!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Rind of 1 lemon
1 cup milk (dairy, almond or other)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1. Mix dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon rind in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg.
3. Melt butter in a small bowl. Add milk and butter to egg, whisk together until combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Stir in frozen or fresh blueberries.
6. Line muffin pan with muffin cups, fill them 2/3 full with batter.
7. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes and until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!