This is a basic vanilla cake recipe that can be made into cupcakes, 9×13, 8in. circles or whatever you’re looking for!
1 cup butter (softened)
2 cups sugar
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk (of any choice)
4 egg whites
1. Divide egg whites and egg yolks.
2. Preheat oven to 350F, prepare muffin pans lining them with reusable silicon muffin cups (or paper cups).
3. Cream softened butter and sugar with electric beater.
4. Still beating, add egg yolks and vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder, stir.
6. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternating with cup of milk. Approx 1/4 c. of milk then 1/2c. dry ingredients alternating until fully combined. Don’t burn out beaters, use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir towards the end.
7. In a new clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Should jiggle around in bowl as one item.
8. Fold egg whites into batter.
9. Scoop batter with an 1 inch ice cream scoop into muffin cups, so they are approx. 3/4 full.
10. Bake in oven for approx. 30 minutes or until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.