These are them! I’ve posted a few times pictures of the classic Chocolate Chip Cookie I make, and have chosen to finally posting the recipe which, I know off by heart!
The secret has been revealed. I’ve also made these cookies into ‘green’ cookies…no not that kind of green! I substituted the 1 cup of butters for 1 cup of mashed avocado, or you can divide it 1/2 and 1/2 etc, how you please. Be mindful as well if you’re baking more than one tray at a time, depending on the size of tray and if your oven offer a convection setting or not, one tray might need to be taken out sooner than the others.
ENJOY! And don’t eat too many of them at once. They’re great to freeze…but I’ve been known to eat them right out of the freezer.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup margarine*
1/2 cup butter*
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Shake of salt
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*you can do 1 cup of butter or margarine but mom and I have found 1/2 and 1/2 is the secret
1. Cream softened butters and sugars together.
2. Continue beating in eggs and vanilla.
3. Continue to beat in 1 cup flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in remaining flour and chocolate chips, until combined. Dough should be mushy and gooey…I suggested trying some…you know, just in case it’s bad.
5. Preheat oven to 375F. Drop cookie dough by tbsp onto cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.